Roasted Cauliflower Tacos and Adobo Romesco Chipotle!
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – I study them. I inspect them. I devour them. Then I do what I always do. I go home and try to create an inspired version for everyone. Let’s get started then!
This is an easy, 30-minute to serve recipe with roasted, smoky cauliflower and a spicy romesco-inspired sauce. It’s plant-based, gluten-free, and oil-free as well! It can be grain-free too (optional). This is something I’m positive all of you are gonna love! (wink, wink).
While the cauliflower is roasting, get started on your sauce, which is made of roasted almonds, fresh roasted garlic, fire-roast tomatoes, chipotle peppers, lime juice, spices, and a little maple syrup for taste. This will result is a tangy, spicy, smoky, well-balanced sauce that’s thick, creamy and perfect for the cauliflower tacos.
These Roasted Cauliflower tacos are bound to be:
Easy to make
& So very delicious!
I hope you’ll find these cauliflower tacos tasty! They make the perfect healthy, satisfying regular meal when you’re short on time to cook. The cauliflower can just be roasted beforehand and reheated in the oven again. And the sauce can last up to a week kept safely in the fridge, so it can also easily be made ahead of time to enjoy the entire week.
Please try this recipe and let us know what you thought about it via the comments below. Cheers!
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco
Smoky, roasted cauliflower tacos with a spicy chipotle romesco sauce! An easy (30 minutes!) and flavorful plant-based meal that’s versatile, healthy, and so satisfying!
- 1 small head cauliflower (chopped into bite-sizes pieces (smaller pieces roast more quickly!))
- 1-2 Tbsp 15-30 ml avocado or coconut oil (if avoiding oil, omit or sub with water)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic (12 g, skin on)
- 1/4 cup 28 g raw almonds
- 1 15- ounce 425 g can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cloves raw garlic (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp 30 ml olive oil (or sub water)
- 1 lime (juiced (~3 Tbsp or 45 ml))
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp 15 ml maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (more for a spicier sauce)
- 12-15 corn tortillas (to keep grain-free, use my Plantain Tortillas)
- Lime juice/wedges
- optional: Fresh cilantro
- optional: Thinly sliced red cabbage
- optional: Pepitas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and add cauliflower to 1 large (or 2 small) baking sheets. Add oil (or omit/sub water), cumin, chili powder, paprika, and salt. Toss to combine and roast on the bottom rack for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- To a separate baking sheet, add raw almonds and the 4 unpeeled garlic cloves. Roast on the center rack for 10-12 minutes or until the almonds have started to brown/crack and the garlic is starting to get golden brown in color. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While cauliflower finishes roasting, add drained, fire-roasted tomatoes to a high-speed blender along with almonds, roasted garlic (peeled), raw garlic (peeled), oil (or water), lime juice, paprika, cumin, salt, maple syrup, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime for acidity, garlic for kick/zing, salt for saltiness, paprika or cumin for smokiness, maple syrup to offset heat/add sweetness, or chipotle peppers for more heat.
- To serve, warm tortillas in the microwave or in the oven directly on the still-warm oven racks until pliable. Then add 1-2 Tbsp of the romesco sauce and a generous portion of cauliflower. Serve as is or garnish with lime juice/wedges, cilantro, cabbage, and/or pepitas (optional).
- Best when fresh. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator up to 1 week (or 1 month in the freezer), and the cauliflower in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat cauliflower in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven until warm (best when fresh).